1948 DeSoto Deluxe
- Engine Size
- 6 CYL
- Transmission Type
THIS 1948 DESOTO DELUXE IS LOCATED IN: PENNSBURG, PA
The DeSoto Deluxe (also sometimes spelled DeLuxe) is an automobile produced by DeSoto from 1939 through to the 1952 model year. While in production, the Deluxe was DeSoto's entry-level car, and was offered primarily as two-door and four-door sedans. The Deluxe range also included the extended-wheelbase Suburban sedan. The body was claimed to be "rust proofed".
The Deluxe differed from the more upmarket Custom line by virtue of the traits found in base models, namely less trim, fewer standard features, and plainer interiors in fewer color combinations. A six-tube and an eight-tube radio were optional.
The Deluxe shared its engine with the Custom, and was powered by Chrysler's L-head 237 cu in (3.88 l) six-cylinder engine, delivering 109 bhp (81 kW) at 3600 rpm. The DeSoto had full instrumentation.
The Deluxe remained DeSoto's base model until it was replaced by the DeSoto Powermaster in 1953.
Deluxes produced during the 1946, 1947, 1948 and first half of the 1949 model years used DeSoto's prewar bodies, slightly updated following the end of World War II. In 1948, low-pressure tires became standard equipment. A fully redesigned DeSoto was launched in the second half of 1949, and these cars are referred to as "1949 Second Series" models.
• CLEAN TITLE
• THIS DESOTO DELUXE HAS 92,315 MILES
• STRAIGHT 6 CYL. ENGINE WITH MANUAL TRANSMISSION
• NEW PLUGS AND POINTS
• FIRES RIGHT UP WITH A NEW 12 VOLT STARTER SYSTEM
• BRAKES FEEL GOOD
• INTERIOR IS IN GREAT CONDITION, NEWER HEADLINER, RESTORED DASH WITH ALL GAUGES DONE, RESTORED STEERING WHEEL
• OPTIONS INCLUDE LARGER WINDSHIELD VISOR, REAR FENDER SKIRT AND DUAL SPOT LIGHTS; WHITE WALL TIRES
• ALL CHROME, TRIM & GLASS ARE IN NICE CONDITION
• FLYING ANGEL HOOD ORNAMENT IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION
• THE COUPES ARE GETTING HARDER TO FIND IN NICE SHAPE THESE DAYS AND HAVE A HIGH BOOK VALUE
• WELL MAINTAINED, GARAGE KEPT
• RUNS AND DRIVES
- Engine Type
- Engine Size
- 6 CYL
- Fuel Specification
- Body Color
- Body Style
- Paint Type
- Interior Color
- Secondary Interior Color
- Seating Type
- Seat Material
- Shifter Type
- Center Console
Contact Us About This Vehicle