1926 Ford Model T
- Model T
- Engine Size
- 4 Cyl
- Transmission Type
- 3 Speed Manual
The Ford Model T (colloquially known as the Tin Lizzie, Leaping Lena, or flivver) is an automobile produced by Ford Motor Company from October 1, 1908, to May 26, 1927.
It is generally regarded as the first affordable automobile, the car that opened travel to the common middle-class American; some of this was because of Ford's efficient fabrication, including assembly line production instead of individual hand crafting.
The Ford Model T was named the most influential car of the 20th century in the 1999 Car of the Century competition, ahead of the BMC Mini, Citroën DS, and Volkswagen Type 1.
Positioned as reliable, easily maintained, mass-market transportation, it was a runaway success.
The Model T had a front-mounted 177-cubic-inch (2.9 L) inline four-cylinder engine, producing 20 hp (15 kW), for a top speed of 40–45 mph (64–72 km/h). The engine was capable of running on gasoline, kerosene, or ethanol.
Its transmission was a planetary gear type billed as "three speed". In today's terms it would be considered a two-speed, because one of the three speeds was reverse.
The Model T's transmission was controlled with three foot pedals and a lever mounted to the road side of the driver's seat. The throttle was controlled with a lever on the steering wheel. The left pedal was used to engage the transmission. With the floor lever in either the mid position or fully forward and the pedal pressed and held forward, the car entered low gear. When held in an intermediate position, the car was in neutral. If the left pedal was released, the Model T entered high gear, but only when the lever was fully forward – in any other position, the pedal would only move up as far as the central neutral position. This allowed the car to be held in neutral while the driver cranked the engine by hand. The car could thus cruise without the driver having to press any of the pedals.
Model T suspension employed a transversely mounted semi-elliptical spring for each of the front and rear beam axles which allowed a great deal of wheel movement to cope with the dirt roads of the time.
• CLEAN TITLE, COOL YELLOW BODY WITH BLACK RUNNING BOARDS
• SAL'S AUTOMOTIVE REPAIR HAS REPLACED THE FOLLOWING ITEMS: FAN BELT, 2 NEW TIRES, SPARK PLUGS, OIL CHANGE, CARBURETOR OVERHAUL, FUEL FILTER REPLACEMENT, NEW 6 VOLT BATTERY PLUS CABLES, NEW COOLANT, ELECTRICAL LIGHTS, NEW BRAKE LIGHT BULB, REPAIRED HORN
• THREE PEDAL STANDARD DESIGN TRANSMISSION, ELECTRIC STARTER AS WELL AS A CRANK, STARTS BEST WITH THE CRANK
• COMES WITH TWO HORNS, (ONE IS MOUNTED ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ENGINE, THE OTHER IS A WORKING AOOGA HORN)
• BRASS MONOCLE WINDSHIELD, SOLID WOOD STORAGE BOX PROTECTED WITH A URETHANE FINISH, MECHANICAL FUEL SHUTOFF VALVE, TIRES WITH WOODEN SPOKES, RUBBER FLOOR MAT
- Engine Type
- Engine Size
- 4 Cyl
- Fuel Specification
- Body Color
- Body Style
- Paint Type
- Model T
- Interior Color
- Secondary Interior Color
- Seating Type
- Seat Material
- Shifter Type
- Center Console
Contact Us About This Vehicle